Traveling with Your Pet

Traveling with your pet, either interstate, (including Hawaii) or internationally can be a stressful process for both you and your pet. It is important that you plan well in advance of leaving. Please review all the requirements for the state or country you plan to visit/live to gather all the necessary documents that will be needed. See the link below.

Domestic Travel Certification

A domestic Health Certificate is required by many states and airlines. Please contact your airline to determine their specific requirements. We can issue an interstate Health Certificate (except Hawaii) after an exam determines your pet is safe to travel. This certificate requires the local address and the address of where you are flying, as well as your pet’s vaccine records.

Please note; The state of Hawaii has specific requirements that are much more complex than the mainland interstate Health Certificates. The Hawaiian Islands are rabies-free, requiring them to follow extremely strict travel requirements for your pet(s). This means a rabies titer will need to be performed, documents showing two official rabies certificates, and the presence of a microchip. Currently, Hawaii requires the Certificate documents arrive 10 days PRIOR to the arrival of the pet.

International Travel Certification

Each country has its own pet entry requirements, which may change without notice. Also, the USDA has listed the countries that will NOT accept re-entry of your pet due to the incidence of rabies in those countries. If you wish to travel with your pet abroad, most countries will require a USDA endorsed Health Certificate. The endorsement is very time-sensitive, as this paperwork may need to be mailed back to you before you leave yet completed no more than 10 days prior to your departure. Please follow the link below and enter your destination country. Select “View Requirements” and they will provide you with a list of all the paperwork and the timetable you will need to follow.

Look Up Requirements